Choosing the right Waverly upholstery fabric seems overwhelming. Here is a blog post dedicated to helping you choose the correct upholstery fabric for your furniture.
While choosing curtains and mats doesn't seem like a completed task, choosing the right fabric for your furniture's upholstery is crucial. Upholstery fabrics have the power to make or break the setting of your room.
Therefore, there are several factors that you must consider while selecting a Waverly drapery fabric. Our list here comprises all the essential points you should keep in mind when selecting fabrics for your sofa, ottoman, or chair.
1. Durability of the fabric cannot be compromised:
Do not forget to check the durability of the upholstery fabric you choose. Ask the salesperson about the longevity and usability of the fabric –whether it should be used for heavy-duty, medium, or light-duty purposes.
You might get confused with many aesthetic fabrics available in the market today. But, one way to eliminate clutter is by checking the resistivity of the fabric you are about to purchase.
Avoiding natural fabrics for heavy-duty use and opting for engineered materials is best. Natural fabric is best suited for curtains and pillows, whereas machine-made fabrics can be used to upholster a sofa, chairs, and other furniture pieces for rough use.
Avoid heavily textured or printed Waverly upholstery fabric if your living area is the busiest place in the house. Printed and textured fabrics might leave behind ugly patches and worn-out spots if you use your sofa and chairs regularly. Fabrics that have woven patterns and designs are considered best for upholstering furniture.
2. Patterns on fabrics do matter:
There is a classic thumb rule of interior designing when it comes to choosing drapery materials. It would help if you avoided small pattern fabrics on large furniture pieces and vice versa. This will create incoherence in the room décor and won't be able to justify the designs on the Waverly drapery fabric.
Your furniture's geometry needs to be accentuated, and only the right design will be able to do that. If you want to upholster straight-lined sleek designing chairs, opting for geometric shapes and stripes would be a great choice. These patterns impart a sharp and taller look to the furniture.
Whereas tribal or floral prints best suit round-shaped sofas or ottomans, creating a cheerful atmosphere in the living room while exuding comfy vibes.
3. Choosing the right color combination:
Choosing the perfect color for Waverly upholstery fabric is one of the essential parts. For instance, if your room has an edgy appearance yet does not want to get rid of your vintage furniture set, the best way to enhance the interiors is by using new-age colors as upholstery fabric.
Using light shade fabric on large furniture pieces can visibly enlarge the room if you have a small room. The very question in choosing the right color for upholstery cloth is to decide –how you would like the setting of the room.
Would you want your living room to have exuberant vibes, or would you like a more composed scenario? For a dramatic vibe, you can use contrasting shades of vibrant colors in the pillows, rugs, mats, and curtains compared to the subtle hues of the walls. Whereas, for a calmer look, using a coherent shade of pastels uniformly throughout the room would be a great pick.
How to select the correct fabric material?
Waverly drapery fabric can be broadly classified into two different categories:
1. Natural-made fabric:
- Natural fabric is obtained from animal skins and plants. People, who suffer from allergies or are sensitive to harsh materials, must opt for natural fabrics.
- Cotton is one of the best naturally produced fabrics, which is soft, absorbent, and cleans easily. But, cotton fabric cannot be used for heavy-duty materials as its wrinkles easily and is susceptible to blemishes and stains. Regular chairs or sofa sets exposed to sunlight cannot be upholstered with cotton fabric.
- Linen is another natural-made fabric resistant to fading but wrinkles and stains easily. Linen cannot be used as a hygienic option in high-humid regions as it grows mold.
- Leather Waverly upholstery fabric is one of the greatest choices for making sofa covers and chairs. The material is extremely durable, cleans easily, and can be available in several textures and patterns. For a modern and classy appearance in your living space, leather upholstered sofas can be a great choice.
- Silk has a natural shine, screams luxury, and imparts a smooth finish, which is resilient, and strong finish. But, when it comes to upholstery material, it can be heavy on your pocket, and the silk gets easily destroyed on exposure to sunlight.
2. Synthetically produced fabric:
- Fiber strands are prepared out of chemicals that give rise to synthetic fabric. With rough and tough use, machine-produced materials are durable and stronger. They are resistant to wear and tear and fading.
- Acrylic fiber synthetically produced is best suited for upholstering furniture exposed to constant sunlight; it's durable and dries off quickly. Generally, you can always opt for acrylic fiber for any outdoor sitting furniture.
- Nylon is resistant to wrinkles and stains and is tough but fades too quickly.
- Polyester, when blended with microfiber, loses its flimsy nature and becomes highly resistant to wrinkles, stains, scratches, and sunlight.
Now that you have thoroughly read the article, it will help you pick out the best material from a plethora of Waverly drapery fabric collections. Do not forget to note down all the factors and eliminate the unnecessary clutter while selecting the upholstery fabric for your furniture.
If you are facing difficulty finding a good store with an upholstery fabric collection, let us help you out. Give us a call at – (336) 885-4535 or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our salesperson will connect with you ASAP and cater to your needs.